Our client is an exciting energy solutions consultancy. Working in partnership with all of the main energy suppliers and smaller independents, the Company enables small-medium sized UK organisations access the most competitively priced energy at the right time and in the simplest way.
Working side by side, you will assist the Head of Energy Trading & Risk and Head of Energy Services. This role would suit a candidate who is a recent graduate, or someone with some experience in a related role who is looking to further their career by specialising in Energy Markets / Risk Trading / Energy Services / Energy Management.
- Trading support – assist with tenders, flex baskets, pricing, trades, market reports, general admin
- Market analysis (technical and fundamental analysis) – monitoring energy price trends (gas, power, carbon, oil, coal) supply and demand, global events and related markets (commodities, foreign exchange and equities) to determine price direction
- Market / client reports – provide written market reports / presentations to inform about price movement and drivers (Inhouse and external)
- Client communication – provide verbal / written market analysis to support with conference calls / meetings / emails to clients
- Data checks – check internal and supplier data to ensure that the client’s position and trades have been accurately recorded
- Assist and partake with potential energy audits with the Head of Energy Services
- Provide verbal / written advice and collateral to clients on energy services
- Actively broaden knowledge and investigate changes in the energy market and product arena
- Assist in development of new energy procurement products and help towards building the flexible offering and baskets
- Possess a strong work ethic and be able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and organised
- Maintain composure and communicate clearly to internal and external parties.
- Strong interest in energy markets, trading, and energy management/energy reduction
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of energy related markets and fundamental drivers is advantageous, but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated
- Building and maintaining relationships with the clients/suppliers/stakeholders
What is on offer you:
- Competitive salary.
- Training, on-going support and a clear progression and career development plan.
- Complimentary gym membership, use of on-site table tennis and table football facility.
- 22 days holiday.
- Contributory Pension scheme
- A fun but professional working environment.
- Regular free social events, recent examples include: Crystal Maze, Oktoberfest, Crazy Golf and Go-Karting
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com