Our client has continued its success as a leading manufacturer and provider of pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. They are now looking for a Brand Manager to complement their marketing team.
As a medium-sized family owned Company the organisation’s lack of bureaucracy and structure encourages autonomy and rapid decision-making within a fully supportive environment. This would suit someone who is potentially frustrated with a big corporate culture. The Brand Management role is absolutely central to this Sales and Marketing focused Company, with ownership and responsibility for all aspects of the brands’ activities being the remit of the Brand Manager.
- Directly responsible to: Group Brand Manager
- Subordinates directly supervised: Marketing Administration Assistant
- Working with: Brand owners: Marketing Department Personnel, Sales Personnel, Sales Operation & Administration Dept, Q.C. & Technical, Corporate Finance & Central services, Advertising, P.R. & supplier agencies, Third Party Manufacturers for production planning and supply, Fleet and packaging development teams
The Brand Manager is the owner of the brand within the Company. It is the Brand Manager who formulates strategy as well as translates strategy into achievable objectives and tactics, which then needs to be driven through to successful fruition. This is a unique Brand Management opportunity as it combines both B2C and B2B responsibilities.
- Plan and achieve budgeted sales and profitability targets for the brands in line with agreed expenditure and consumer and trade strategies.
- Maintain exceptional business relationships with brand Principals through faultless account management and communication.
- To develop, recommend and execute marketing plans and manage the effective deployment of the marketing budget ensuring brands are best represented in the marketplace.
- Manage annual brand combined budget of £1.5m. Challenge costs and aggressively pursue value optimisation opportunities.
- Maximise brands’ potential; ensuring brands are competitive in the market place in relation to the optimum communication strategies, trade promotions, advertising, packaging and pricing.
- Manage the ATL development process and own the communication strategies for the brands, showing strong creative judgement.
- Ensure all activity conforms to all relevant UK governing bodies e.g. MHRA, PAGB, Clearcast and Radiocentre.
- Project manage the introduction of brand range extensions and new product launches.
- Support the Sales and Client relationship teams with marketing input to secure new business opportunities and develop customer partnerships. Seeking category and consumer insight to demonstrate brand and category expertise.
- Work with the Sales Team to maximise brands’ potential, in relation to the optimum shelf presence, trade promotional activity, POS display and distribution.
- Provide monthly production forecasts and liaising regularly with third party manufacturers to ensure optimal stock position.
In order to succeed at this role, it is expected you will have:
- Degree level or qualification or CIM equivalent.
- Strong all round relevant FMCG marketing experience, exposure to all of the marketing mix.
- Experience of brand planning and strategic thinking and evidence of successful implementation.
- Experience of working on the advertising process, with a keen creative eye.
- Experience of planning and analysing trade promotional activity.
- Ability to understand key profit & loss data.
- Results orientated and capable of working autonomously.
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills, delivering high profile projects on time and in budget.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Personable and adaptable: including ability to converse and empathise with a wide variety of people.
- Passionate and enthusiastic with the ability to make a quick impact.
- An ingrained Customer Service ethos.
- Flexible and able to use own initiative.
- Strong organisational capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Extremely high standard of written English Language.
- Full driving license.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive salary
- Company Car
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Savings Club
- Lifestyle Benefits Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Full training provided
- Fantastic working environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com